Wednesday, March 15, 2006
hey. you wanna know something? i'm posting. and so now we have to find a new potential mountain goat. yeah. stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
sonic the hedgehog! I love that guy! WAYYY more than bambi. bambi's an extremely effeminate deer who's a guy. and his story is sad and his voice is annoying.
alrighty here goes:
During my childhood I was an avid tree climber. I took pride in being the most agile and quick child in the entire neighborhood, prevailing even over Federico Antonelli, soccer star, and the invanquishable Lindens, more specifically Christopher Linden, who at the time was the ultimate in second grade male playground conquering prowess. I used to climb trees like no other, and might sit in them for hours on end, contemplating or sleeping, or clambering around exploring unexplored branches, never once falling out of any of the hundreds of trees I explored. (okay, maybe it was only a little more than fifty...) I became so sure of myself that I had long since begun to attempt the twenty and thirty foot trees, only a little bit nervous as I reached the tiny and fragile branches at the very tip top and being able to look out over the entire neighborhood. Due to my premature arrogance and confidence in my tree climbing ability, I once attempted an extremely tall and moderately difficult tree with Kanan looking on. I reached the top with enthusiasm and exhiliration, though as I tried to come back down I reached a hard spot that had been rather challenging getting up, and was now impossible coming back down (for my short legs anyhow.) My exhiliration and sense of freedom slowly turned from nonchalant concern to fear of falling and frantic panic. And in a single moment, with Kanan trying to counsel me on how to get down (which unfortunately was not working very well), as I was caught motionless stuck between a branch impossible to reach below and a branch i was clinging onto above, in that single moment I gave up all my pride and all my audacity as I cried out, "KANAN! GO GET MY MOM!!!!"
posted @ 8:35 PM